This month we are introducing Grant Thiselton, another valued member of the Afrisoft team.
Meet Grant Thiselton
- What do you do at Afrisoft?
I am the software architect responsible for the design of all the TransLution range of products and I manage the team developing these products;
- When did you join the team?
- Your favourite part of the job?
Designing new solutions, working with the team to build the solutions and assisting the Product Manager with planning the development phases;
- Your biggest challenge?
Dealing with real world issues from the implementation and sales teams. Particularly when the issues are peripheral to the products;
- What do you do when you aren’t working?
I’m active in my church community. I try to be with my children as often as possible with the sports and other extra-mural activities in which they participate. I watch various sports on TV and I read extensively;
- What word to you overuse?
None, as far as I’m aware. You’d have to ask my family and colleagues if there is one;
- What is your biggest extravagance?
I’m conservative when it comes to spending. My friends have labelled me as “minimalist”, but we do have more than one PC/Laptop per person in the house, so it’s probably that;
- How would your friends describe you?
Conservative, quiet, determined, straight forward;
- What keeps you awake at night?
Nothing specifically. I don’t worry about things too much. It’s only when my family or friends are in trouble that I may choose to remain awake;
- What’s your philosophy on life? To know God and to give him Glory. The best way to not be happy is to try and be happy. Happiness is seldom found in possessions or achievements, but rather in a relationship with God.