TRANSLUTION SOFTWARE SUPPORT SERVICES POLICY
AFRISOFT offers TRANSLUTION software support only to CUSTOMERS who have executed a written Software License Agreement with AFRISOFT for the use of specific TRANSLUTION software modules and who have also executed a written TRANSLUTION Service Level Agreement in the form specified by AFRISOFT. CUSTOMERS must also have paid all AFRISOFT invoices in full for software licenses, third-party hardware or equipment, implementation services and annual support and maintenance fees to be eligible for support services.
The detailed scope of TRANSLUTION Support services offered by AFRISOFT is specified in the AFRISOFT Software License and Service Level Agreements and is generally described as assistance to “DESIGNATED EMPLOYEES” for queries related to CUSTOMER’s use of TRANSLUTION software modules licensed by AFRISOFT to CUSTOMER.
Support for third-party software programs and/or equipment will be made available only if such third-party software and/or hardware were purchased from AFRISOFT for use with TRANSLUTION software. AFRISOFT’s responsibility for support of third party software and/or hardware used with TRANSLUTION software is limited to using reasonable efforts to seek corrections from the third-party for defects. Problem resolution assistance for CUSTOMER’s equipment, network systems or software not purchased from AFRISOFT will be at AFRISOFT’s discretion and will be billed separately at AFRISOFT’s current hourly service charges.
Remote Support – AFRISOFT shall provide support to the DESIGNATED EMPLOYEES of qualified CUSTOMERS via telephone and/or the internet between the hours of 8 AM and 5 PM, South African time, Monday through Friday, except on observed public holidays for assistance in resolving queries related to CUSTOMERS use of TRANSLUTION software.
Extended Support Hours – Customers who have qualified for TRANSLUTION Support services may choose to participate in the AFRISOFT optional Extended Support Hour program by paying Extended Support Hour fees established by agreement and as described in their TRANSLUTION Service Level Agreement. In exchange for the aforementioned Extended Support Hour fees, AFRISOFT will provide “on call” telephone Support to the DESIGNATED EMPLOYEES from each CUSTOMER Site outside of normal business hours.
Call-Out Service – Customers who have qualified for TRANSLUTION Support services may request Call-Out Service. Call-Out Service will be provided by AFRISOFT or AFRISOFT’s designate at CUSTOMER’s site only at the express request of CUSTOMER and under the following terms:
- Call-Out Service provided between 08h00 and 18h00 on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday or Friday, excepting Public Holidays, will be billed at the standard hourly rate in effect at the time the Call-Out Service is provided.
- Call-Out Service provided after 18h00 and before 08h00 any Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday or Friday and until 12h00 on Saturday will be billed at a rate one and one half times the standard hourly rate in effect at the time the Call-Out Service is provided.
- Call-Out Service provided after 12h00 any Saturday and before 08h00 on the following Monday, or on any public holiday will be billed at a rate twice the standard hourly rate in effect r at the time the Call-Out Service is provided.
- The minimum charge for each Call-Out Service event will be four hours times the applicable rate in effect at the time the Call-Out Service is provided.
- Call-Out Service will be calculated on an hourly basis starting when the service person departs for CUSTOMER’s Site and ending when the service person returns to his/her home or office.